High-level overview of the investment flow
While the investment flow is straightforward for investors, there’s a bunch of things happening under the hood.
Here’s what’s going on in a nutshell:
- when an investor has chosen an opportunity and clicked “Invest”, the system checks if they have enough money to invest;
- if the money is not enough, there’s a quick way for them to top up their e-wallet in the user dashboard;
- if the money is enough, the investor enters the amount to invest and e-signs the legal agreement;
- at this point, the system sends a request to the payment service asking to transfer funds from the Investor’s wallet to the Offering’s wallet;
- if a wallet exists and there’s enough money in it, the payment system will process the transfer, creating a transaction as a result.